- Check-In and Inspection
- Ride Start
- Bagdrop Locations and Controls
- Ride Finish
- Après-Finish Dinner
Check-In and Inspection will be 3:30 - 5:30pm on Sunday 8 July at the Quality Inn in Louisville. If this time will not work for you, please let me know in advance. Time will be limited at the ride start, so only limited inspections and packet hand-out can be accommodated.
For inspection, you will need to show your:
- lighting system mounted on bike and backup lighting system,
- reflective gear for your bike and yourself (legbands and reflective vest or equivalent)
- dropbag (no need to fill it - just show it's within size limits) - If your dropbag is too large (larger than 12" x 12" x 24" or 48" combined linear dimensions), you will need to obtain one that's small enough. There are Target and Costco stores across US-36.
Overnight Accommodations & Bagdrops - The controls at Saratoga, Steamboat Springs, and Walden provide motel-room accommodations and dropbag availability during periods:
- Saratoga: evening of July 9 to morning of July 10
- Steamboat Springs: evening of July 10 to morning of July 11
- Walden: evening of July 11 to morning of July 12
Dropbags and rooms will be available starting late afternoon. Dropbags will be transported to the next location early morning. Volunteers will assign you a room. They will try to accommodate rooming with certain other riders, but that's not guaranteed.
Food will be available in a common area. There will be evening items and then breakfast items in the morning including items to take with you.
Walden Transit Control - The Walden control will also be staffed part of July 10 for riders transiting Walden heading from Laramie to Steamboat Springs. There will be some food and drink.
Sign-In/Sign-Out – IMPORTANT - When you arrive in Saratoga, Steamboat Springs, and Walden, sign in on the sheet provided. Then remember also to sign out when you leave, whether your stay is half an hour or overnight. This allows us to keep track of the riders and post rider progress on the website, for those following the event. You also must have your brevet card validated by staff.
Unstaffed Checkpoints – Checkpoints mentioning a store or "Any Store" or "Any Establishment" have no event staff: have any store clerk note your time of passage and initial the card or, if during the night when all establishments in the town are closed, note your own time (should not occur).
Finish is at the Quality Inn. We'll be there mid-afternoon until dinnertime (see below). If you finish when there is no event staff present, have motel staff validate your finishing time, and retain your card. Give it to an event official at the dinner or during the time the finish line is staffed, or contact us.
Drop Bags will be available starting Thursday afternoon at the Quality Inn.
Jerseys and Vests